LISTEN TO OUR PODCAST
Big Dreamers, you are going to love this week’s guest! A.J. Jacobs is an author, journalist, lecturer and human guinea pig. He has written four New York Times bestsellers that combine memoir, science, humor and a dash of self-help. He is also editor at large at Esquire magazine, a commentator on NPR and a columnist for Mental Floss magazine. He has appeared on Oprah, The Today Show, Good Morning America, CNN, The Dr. Oz Show, Conan,The Colbert Report, and now The Dream Big Podcast 🙂
We loved all all of the stories A.J. shared about his life experiments, and as an added bonus, he is really funny too! I’m sure you’ll find yourself laughing throughout the episode, and we hope he’ll join us again in a future episode.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Why A.J. describes himself as a human guinea pig.
- Things A.J. learned from his experiment of living biblically for an entire year.
- How A.J.’s family has supported (and coped) with his experiments.
- How A.J.’s life-outsourcing experiment affected his business and family (HINT: He even had his virtual assistant read bedtime stories to his kid.
- A.J.’s writing tips.
- How A.J. comes up with his ideas for new books.
- How A.J. teaches his kids about respect (with the help of Alexa).
- A.J.’s greatest achievement so far.
- One of A.J.’s most embarrassing moments — and how you can turn any embarrassing moment into an amazing story instead.
- Zane — A.J.’s son — shares what it is like to have A.J. as a Dad, and his favorite experiment thus far.
- How A.J. is related to Barack Obama.
- A.J.’s BIG DREAM for the future.
- A.J.’s Website
- A.J.’s Facebook Page
- A.J.’s Twitter Page
- The Year of Living Biblically
- The Know It All
- It’s All Relative Book
- My Life as an Experiment Book
In this episode, A.J. shared many of the incredible experiments that he has conducted in his own life and the amazing lessons he has learned from those experiences. This week, we are challenging you big dreamers to run an experiment in your own life. It does not have to be fancy. You can see what it is like to try a new food every day, or try to go seven days without complaining or gossiping about others. We guarantee you’ll learn a lot about yourself from this challenge. As always, we have free custom download to encourage you to do this challenge, which can be customized with your face and name. Click here to claim you free download.
If this coming week you conduct an experiment in your own life, please let Olga know by emailing her at [email protected]. You will be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon Gift card. Winners are selected monthly and contacted by email (as well as announced on our show!).
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING — SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A HONEST REVIEW. GET FREE PERSONALIZED STICKERS!
To get Dream Big episodes sent directly to your device as they are published, you can subscribe:
If you received value from our podcast, we would greatly appreciate if you could take a minute to leave us a review on iTunes review on iTunes here. This helps us get more exposure for the podcast and in turn allows us to inspire more people to dream big. We read each and every review and are so grateful to our listeners who have taken the time to write us one. For a limited time only, as a way to say thank you for taking the time to leave an honest review, we will mail you 48 free personalized stickers! Follow the instructions at DreamBigPodcast.com/bonus to get your free stickers!
Thanks again for all of your amazing support.